Wednesday, September 26, 2012
We're really proud to show you that what we promised a month ago about the bright future of Nozbe is now taking shape with this new release of Nozbe Desktop for Mac and Windows with some amazing features... and most of all with "rich comments".
Rich Comments in Action - check out our video to see how this works:
Here's what RICH COMMENTS are all about - communicating with your peers through tasks better than ever:
- Comment with Files (with drag and drop!)
- Comment with Evernote notes (Improved EVERNOTE support!)
- Comment with Dropbox files (Improved DROPBOX support!)
- Comment with Checklists (NEW!)
- Comment with URLs and YouTube (or Vimeo) videos
Apart from rich comments, we've vastly improved our application and added a few more things:
- New Tasks/Attachments view in Projects
- Create tasks directly from Evernote notes, Dropbox files, files, notes and anything else in the “Attachments” view.
- "Question mark" instead of a "tick" when a task is not assigned to anyone
- Menu Bar icon with Quick Add (Global CTRL+CMD+T shortcut) to add a task from anywhere on your Mac!
Enjoy better productivity and communication through tasks with your team! Good luck!
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Getting things done on the move is increasingly becoming a top priority for busy professionals and their teams. Last month we launched a new mobile web app and today we're bringing you three totally redesigned and re-engineered apps for your iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
iPhone and iPad
Our partner, the guys from the company Macoscope, who are officially developing the iPhone and iPad apps, have been listening to your feedback and they've improved and redesigned their iOS apps from ground up:
- New, gorgeous design (also for the retina-display iPad)
- Speed, speed and speed improvements - this app flies!
- Many bugs and fixes and "under the hood" improvements
But there's more. If Android is your device of choice, there is a...
New Android app
Based on the success of our mobile app we've adapted it to ensure it works beautifully and natively on your Android device:
- New Android-style design
- Voice task input (natively through Google!)
- Push-sync - fully automatic syncing
- Great "New comments" and delegation support for team-work
- Horizontal view support with menu on the left
This is a completely new app and we won't be offering it as an update to the old Android app - we are starting from scratch and it's a version 1.0 - meaning we're going to release a few updates to it in the coming weeks - we just wanted to show it to you as soon as possible.
(please uninstall your old Android app and install the new one - it's a new app)
Note: Because it's a completely rewritten app, please do send us an email how you like it and how it works on your Android device and how it compares to the old one - your feedback is very important to us and we want to ensure we address the most important issues in the 1.1 update scheduled for the end of August. Your voice counts, hit reply and let us know!
Mobile is our new name
Nozbe's focus is helping busy professionals (like yourself) and teams get most done anywhere, anyhow, that's why our focus on mobile will be even more apparent in the coming months... and our main web app will be relaunched pretty soon. It's all coming a long very nicely thanks to your support and feedback. Thank you!
Get our new mobile apps for:
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Update: our Mac App version 1.2 is already on the Mac App Store! - thanks Apple!
It's been a crazy time recently for us as we've grown our team, made many changes and prepared lots of code to launch new features for Nozbe in the shortest time possible. We've had some ups and downs getting it ready but we are, in fact, now ready to tell you what's soon to happen in Nozbe. Here’s what we're working on:
- "rich comments" - you'll be able to comment with files, links, images, documents, Evernote notes, Dropbox or Box files...
- checklists - you will also be able to easily comment with simple checklists (better and clearer than sub-tasks)
- email attachments - better email support to easily comment with files
- printing support - to print projects, tasks (with comments) and much more
- voice task input (dictation thanks to the great Google engine) in our Android app
- adding photos as task comments on mobile apps
- our partner Macoscope has just submitted completely redesigned and improved iPad and iPhone apps, you'll love them! Soon on the App Store.
- and much more!
A few weeks ago we submitted Nozbe Desktop version 1.2 to the Mac App Store but because of Apple's "sandboxing" rules we couldn't get the app approved. We will get there, but it'll take another two weeks at least. For now, we posted Nozbe for Mac and Windows 1.2 on our development blog for you to enjoy these great features:
- drag and drop between projects/contexts and tasks
- "push" sync to make sure your desktop client is always up-to-date
- "quick add" - to quickly add tasks from anywhere in the app
If you want to get the desktop version now (not through the Mac App Store), download Nozbe 1.2 today
Over the course of the next few weeks we'll be shipping tons of great apps - new Android version, a Windows Phone version, refreshed iPad and iPhone versions (from Macoscope guys)... and Desktop version 1.3 with most of the above-mentioned features.
By the way, apart from this blog, we offer two other blogs:
- Status.Nozbe.com - to update you on our infrastructure status
- Test.Nozbe.com - where we'll be posting early-builds of our apps
The future of Nozbe is bright! It's coming along nicely for us and most of all - for you - our fantastic customers. Stay tuned, fingers crossed... and enjoy the productivity boost you'll be receiving from us regularly over the coming weeks.
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Launching new iNozbe - mobile web version for iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry... and any other smartphone or tablet :-)
After months of testing and developing we're finally giving you a new mobile-optimized web version of Nozbe.
When iPhone launched years ago, we built iNozbe.com, optimized for the iPhone... and haven't improved it since as we focused on our native apps... but as we want you to be productive on the move as much as possible and many folks prefer web interface than downloading native apps and people with different smartphones need Nozbe, we listened and for the last several months we've been silently developing the smartphone-optimized version of Nozbe. Here' it is:
If you go to the above address you'll be able to log in to our phone-optimized interface. Here are some highlights:
It works on most smartphones - we tested it on most smartphones (Android, iPhone, Blackberry, Windows Phone), but hopefully with your feedback it'll work even better, keep the comments coming how this new interface works on your phone.
No menu - modern feel with "quick plus" button we've optimized the interface so that there is no menu, you just open it and go directly to your Next Actions or inbox and start getting things done. You'll love it.
Works offline, baby! - it's built using HTML5 technologies and works offline and syncs seamlessly with Nozbe web. We've put all our hard work dedicated to our desktop app into it to make sure it works offline as well. So just keep on working, when you lose connection, keep working, when you get it back, your changes will sync.
Push-sync - syncs when needs to - we've set up a special push-server to make sure your changes sync when they need to. This way when you work on the web and then go to your smartphone, the changes are automatically pushed to your device. This feature is also coming to our desktop application in the next few weeks but it's perfect on the mobile phone!
Works on the iPad and Android Tablets! - it works really nicely on the iPad, Kindle Fire and other Android tablets. Just check it out. Great, focused interface.... but having said that, we're currently working on even better, more dedicated Tablet-friendly interface but we still need a few weeks to perfect it. Meanwhile this mobile interface should be good enough for your tablet :-)
Works on Retina-displays sharp - our designer made sure this interface works beautifully on both Retina iPhones and iPads, you'll love the sharp icons and graphics.
It'll keep on improving over time - it's version 1.0, new features are coming in the next weeks. Stay tuned!
Thanks to the team!
Our new developers (Staszek and Krzysztof) under the guidance of our CTO Tomasz and creative touch of our designer Radek did all this together. Thanks guys! I think it's an amazing version 1.0.
Without further ado, just point your mobile phone or tablet to "Mobile.Nozbe.com" and you're all set!
Thursday, June 7, 2012
Last week we have celebrated launch of our desktop application in the Mac App Store. Your response was superb! Thanks to you all, we have climbed much in the charts of the Mac App Store and reached top 100 free application in the US App Store or even top 3 (yes, top three!) in others. In the productivity category we have been the first in some places, in others we have remained within top 10-20.
Thank you for your support!
You are amazing - you have posted many interesting stories of your Nozbe use at our Facebook Wall and we have enjoyed reading every single one of them.
As promised, we decied to celebrate this with some great prizes of annual Nozbe accounts - here is the list of lucky winners:
- 1 Business Account: Daniel from Poland
- 1 Team Account: Juan from the US
- 1 Team Account: Reinhardt
- 1 Team Account: Haruka from Japan
- 1 Family Account: Russell from New Zealand
- 1 Family Account: Alexander from the US
- 1 Family Account: Munechika from Japan
- 1 Family Account: James from the US
- 1 Family Account: Ataru from Japan/US
- 1 Personal Account: Kim from Australia
- 1 Personal Account: Mark
- 1 Personal Account: John from the US
- 1 Personal Account: Wolfgang from Switzerland
- 1 Personal Account: Satoshi from Japan
- 1 Personal Account: Katsuya from Japan
- 1 Personal Account: Karen from Canada
- 1 Personal Account: Cristina
- 1 Personal Account: Jan from Poland
- 1 Personal Account: Julia from the US
Some of our blogger friends have posted on Nozbe and the launch and we have decided to award them with additional prizes:
Arian from Holland, Jenny from the US, Christian from Austria, Chris from the US, Mike (the Daily Saint) from the US, Marcus from the UK and Rashita from Japan.
We'll contact winners directly by email or via messages on Facebook.
Thank you once again for supporting us by downloading our application. We are already preparing 1.2 version, which will be released shortly (it contains some new features, many bug fixes and improvements).